Friday, November 7, 2014

Five Little Turkeys Math and Literacy

Five little turkeys can be used to teach one-to-one correspondence, ordinal position, and combinations of 5.  I made DIY turkey puppets out of oven mitts that I found at the Dollar Tree.  I know - I live way too close to one :)  Let your children act them out using my math poem or put red solo cups inside them so one or two children can play the game.


MATERIALS NEEDED
  • 5 brown or tan oven mitts
  • 1 piece of red felt
  • 1 piece of yellow felt
  • I piece of orang felt
  • 1 googly eye
  • Glue gun
DIRECTIONS
  • Cut out 5 red, yellow, and orange feathers.
  • Cut out the beak and snood. 
  • Glue the feathers, snood, beak, and eye on the turkey mitt.
  • Ready to play!
LET'S LEARN!

I wrote a poem and made a pocket chart go with this rhyme last November.  You can find that post HERE to read about it and download the free activity.

Have fun teaching your students with this activity.  If you are a parent or a grandparent, have fun playing, learning, and making memories.

Let the Thanksgiving ideas begin!  Don't forget to sign up by email at the top right corner, so you don't miss any blogposts.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. I printed your turkey poem last year. Today I will make a trip to get some oven mitts! You are such a blessing to teachers!
    Jennifer Larkin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH Jennifer you are so SWEET! Seriously, this was the first thing I read this morning. What a great way to start my day! I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to collaborate with so many wonderful teachers like you from all over the US and world. Thank you for your kind words.

      Delete