Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pete the Cat, Math, & a Flip the 5 & 10 Frames Freebie


Welcome back to Groovy Cat Week!  Today you are getting a sneak peak at my “Flip the 5 and 10 Frames” sets.  YAY!  Here is a shout out to a teacher in Maryland that attended my conference session yesterday.  I promised I would load this today just for her :)

We love using these flip frames for working with combinations of 5 and 10.  I thought this would be a great way to introduce you to my other “Flip the 5 & 10 Frames” sets that I have available. This set contains buttons which can be used with My Four Groovy Buttons or as a part of your math program or other themes.


You can download this set HERE.  The directions for all of the activities are included in the packet, and it is differentiated to meet the many needs in your early childhood classroom.

So let’s have some fun with READING today too!  I created an EMERGENT READER for your students to practice  sight words and reading fluency.   We all know that Pete the Cat loves to wear his white shoes.  But what would color of shoes would your students wear? How about their pants?  What color would their shirt be? What color of socks would they choose?  Would they match?   I wrote this with my oldest daughter in mind.  When she was in kindergarten, picking out clothes was quite the process.  What to choose?  So many choices?  Committing to the outfit!  

You could send this book home for students to read to their parents and maybe that might solve the dilemma “What Will I Wear Today?” The children can sing the words in this reader to “Skip to My Lou.”  Who knows?  Maybe if I would have sang this with my daughter, we might have eliminated a lot of drama and days of running late!  Click HERE to download this FREE book.


Thanks for stopping by my blog.  I have more ideas for Thursday and Friday.  Hmmm . . . How will I fit them all in?  Maybe I should add on another 5 days?  If not, the next 2 posts are going to be LONG and full of ideas!



Don't forget to hop on over to Pre-K Pages for some more Groovy Cat ideas.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment