Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Measuring with Pete the Cat

It's DAY 2 of Groovy Cat Week.  And guess who I saw yesterday?  Eric Litwin.  I am presenting at the Maryland Conference for Kindergarten Teachers, and he was the keynote speaker.  He is so amazing and an engaging presenter as he sang "My 4 Groovy Buttons."  I was a little star struck as his room was next to mine!

I also saw him in December in Atlanta, so this has been a great presenting season.
Standing between 2 amazing people:  Eric Litwin and Vanessa from Pre-K Pages!
So today, I created these fun tools for your students to help measuring items around your classroom. You can download this measuring packet HERE.


You can choose from several different versions to meet your needs.



Use this tool to as a guide for where to start measuring by lining up the green button at the beginning of the object.


Use this tool to as a guide for where to start measuring by lining up the green button at the beginning of the object.

Thanks for stopping by!  Don't forget to hop on over to Pre-K Pages for some more Groovy Cat ideas.

See you tomorrow for more GROOVY FUN!


4 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy! How exciting to meet Eric Litwin. I can only imagine what a great presenter he was. We're working on measuring with non-standard units, so I'll be using your measurement activity (clever idea). Thank you!

    Mona
    First Grade Schoolhouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why oh why can't I find that picture of us together?? It is not on my photo roll :( Loved your non-standard units of measurement activity- it's groovy, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You couldn't find it because we took it with my phone. We were star dazed at the time :)

      Delete