Thursday, August 29, 2013

FREE Awesome App for Research on Endangered Animals

With a greater emphasis on informational text and the Common Core, I wanted to share one of my favorite apps that I use with students for research.  And best of all it is FREE. It is by the World Wildlife Fund or WWF.  Here is a YouTube video of what it is like.

First of all, it has beautiful beautiful photographs. One of my favorite aspects of the app is your students can touch one of the places on the globe, and it brings up the endangered animal and how many miles it is from where the students live. It also has great video clips of the animals too.  Plus your students can research how they can help protect endangered animals.  Love, love, love this app!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Come back again soon.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the App idea. That looks really cool.

    Thanks again.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just download this app. Looks awesome and can't wait to use it in my classroom.
    Thanks for sharing it.
    Connie Anderson:)
    Welcome To First Grade Room 5

    ReplyDelete