Monday, February 18, 2013

Dr. Seuss Fun Picture App

Read Across America is just around the corner.  Are you getting ready to celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday too?  There's an app for that.  I love to take pictures of my students all dressed up as the "Cat in the Hat."  I used to spend hours having them put on an outfit along with a striped hat.   Then I would run down to the nearest Walmart and get them developed for a class book.  Sound familiar?  Now I just take their pictures using the Cat Cam App.  UPDATE: The app is now called Dr. Seuss Camera:  The Cat in the Hat Addition.  I've been using it since it came out a couple of years ago.  And it also works on my iPad.

As you can see the adults wanted to get in on the fun too.  This used to be my amazing media teacher.  I loved to listen to him read to my students.  He had a voice for every character, and we could listen to him all day.  Jay Pryor - you are such a fun teacher!!! The children loved your stories and I loved your humor.   Miss you!!!  Hope you are enjoying your new job.

This is one of my dear friends who taught for many years.  I had so much fun teaching with her too. Love you Ruthie!

Here is an example of how to use it on YouTube.

10 comments:

  1. That looks like FUN!
    Thank you!
    Heidi Butkus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY Heidi! We have fun with this one. I remember those teaching years when I would line my kids up and have them dress up, take their pictures, run to Walmart, get them developed, and then create a book by cutting out all those little things and gluing them down. I love technology.

      Delete
  2. Does IPAD have the app? I can't find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked at the app store and it says it is supported by the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. Also, I just used it on my iPad and it works the same. Look for under Dr. Seuss Camera: The Cat in the Hat.

      Delete
  3. Just wanted to let you know that I thought this blog post was great, so I shared it in my Thumbs up Thumbs down post (as a Thumbs up of course).
    Shawna
    The Picture Book Teacher's Edition

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmm nice pics i really like it.

    ReplyDelete