Sunday, November 18, 2012

FREE Christmas Emergent Reader Set

I presented at the Tennessee Kindergarten Conference in Nashville on Friday.  We had discussions about the Common Core and teaching our kindergarten students to use capital letters and punctuation in their writing.

To help your young students be successful in using capitalization and punctuation, they must first learn to recognize it. I created 3 book sets to help your students locate capital letters at the beginning of the sentence, including the word "I" along with locating the period at the end of the sentence.  And to make it fun, they get to color their books too.

Young children sometimes need anchor supports to complete these tasks independently.  I created "I Can" cards for each book.  Copy and laminate these cards and place in your literacy center.  Teach your students to refer to the "I Can" cards as a way to teach following directions.

Click HERE to download your FREE copy of these books for your literacy centers.
Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You're welcome Rachel. Have fun with the books.

      Delete
  2. These are great! Makes me want to be back in the classroom to use with my I CAN READ Boxes. Read about it here on my BLOG. I love the I Can statements at the back!
    http://www.leachteach.blogspot.com/2012/10/i-can-read-books.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Melissa. I just read your blog post. Thanks for leaving the link. Great ideas for what to do with these books and organizatio tips too. We think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look wonderful! Thank you so much!
    Heidi Butkus

    ReplyDelete
  5. We nominated you for a Liebster award! Come check out our blog for details!

    Deanna and Jenelle

    http://dancinginourteachershoes.blogspot.com/2012/11/hurray-we-were-nominated.html

    ReplyDelete