Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Fun Blog Hopping Weekend

Here's a shout out to all of the teachers who participated in the Teacher Appreciation Jackpot Event & Blog Hop.  It took me about 3 hours to visit all of the blogs featured and download their TpT FREEBIES.  All I can say is WOW!!!! There are some really talented teachers out there with some great products for my classroom.  Check out Erica Bohrer's Linky Party to see what everyone is buying.  And while your on her blog, look at all of the amazing products she has on her blog.

I'm heading to Special Olympics with my daughter for the next 3 days and wanted my students to do an author study on Kevin Henkes.  I love his books! I didn't have time to run to our "teacher store," so I found some great ones on Teachers Pay Teachers.  

Check out Ashley Reed's Kevin Henkes Author Study.  Isn't it wonderful to be able to search for what we need and download it instantly.  Think of all the gas we save by not driving to the "teacher store."  Maybe I can spend some more? - Yes, I can use that as a great excuse.

Here are some other items that I purchased during the sale:

 My students have been during an ocean unit and "Ocean Friends" by Lohren Nolan was a perfect addition to my unit.  There are both literacy and math activities and they are easy to implement into my teaching day.  Click HERE to go check out this packet.
I blog hopped all day Sunday through the Teacher Appreciation Jackpot Event.  JD's Rockin Reader's has some great word sorts that are just what I have been looking for and quite the bargain price too. Click HERE to see this packet.
And thanks to Kim Adsit for putting this packet together on Reading Comprehension Strategies.  I will add many of these to my Readers' Response Journal.   Click HERE to see her packet.

Thanks Erica for starting the Linky Party. 

Stop by my Teachers Pay Teachers store and check out my songs, multimedia files, guided reading books, and literacy centers.  Get a jump start on getting organized for next year and let your current students finish out the year with singing!

4 comments:

  1. Glad I finally got it right. That's what I get for multitasking in the grocery store line - without reading glasses - on an iPhone. Maybe there should be a texting and shopping rule too. Thanks for your patience:) BTW, your blog and TpT store are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I came across your blog via the linky party. I'm your newest follower!

    :-)

    Cynthia

    2nd Grade Pad

    ReplyDelete