Monday, April 23, 2012

iPads, iPods, iPhones Oh My!

Wonder what I have been working on this past week?  I have started loading all of my multimedia files for the Smart Board, Interactive Whiteboard (IWB), and computer into files for the iPad, iPod, and iPhone.  Previously, you could only purchase them as a CD pack set at my conferences.  Whoever said loading things to Teachers Pay Teachers was easy . . .  Oh my it is so time consuming loading pictures, demo versions, the files, the categories, and I am half-way through my 15 files.  I think I can I think I can . . .
Click HERE to view my Teachers Pay Teachers Store.
Anyway, if you have one of these gadgets for your classroom, are getting them soon,  here is a fun way to have access to these videos or multimedia files as an individual center during Reader's Workshop, "Read-to-Self" or "Listen to a Book" during the Daily Five.  These gadgets make it easy to differentiate for your students.  Since the multimedia files cover a wide range of skills from  letter sounds in Pre-K to more complex phonics patterns for 1st and 2nd grade, I am able to choose the multimedia file that addresses the skills my students need to work on individually.  I also use these with my students who are on Response to Intervention (RTI) and special education students too. And what's more fun that using an iPad, iPod, or iPhone to do it? And you are not limited to your own classroom.  Maybe your own child or grandchild has one of these gadgets and needs practice, reinforcement, or review on learning these skills.  My 6 month-old grandson's favorite is "Five Word Families!"  I know I am starting him young! LOL!

I should have all of the files on TpT by tomorrow night.  And who knows, I might just get a splurge of energy and get it done this evening.  If you are like me, I am on the countdown to the end of school.  It is a mixed blessing as there is so much to do and so little time. Testing, assessing, teaching, mixed in with a whole lot of fun.  I have such a great group of students this year, and I am already missing them.

Thanks for stopping by and check back again soon.  Our "Ocean Inquiry Study" is in full-swing, and I can't wait to show you the great work my students have done in researching about their "ocean animal."

No comments:

Post a Comment